This is the first post of its kind on my blog, so I'm not even quite sure where or how to start. But I have to start somehow and somewhere, right? Well, first and foremost, I am grateful to God for letting you see this day. Not everyone has lived to be XX. But you, my dear, by the favor and grace of God, you are alive and well today.
As you celebrate this day, I pray that you are blessed and favored with everything you have ever wanted. May you be blessed like Isaac. He sowed in the time famine and reaped a hundred folds. May you be blessed like Jacob. He held unto the Lord and the Lord blessed him. May you be blessed like Joseph. In spite of being betrayed and sold into slavery by his brothers, he rose above them - literally.
Permit me to switch from talking to you to talking about you...
I am very grateful to God for granting me the opportunity to know Mr. Shoes (although it's his pleasure, of course). What started as a uhm.... has blossomed into a uhm... I don't even know what words to use here. Per the blessings above, did anyone notice that all the blessings were culled from people in the book of Genesis? That's because I just started reading my bible from the beginning again, and I am still on Genesis. To be more precise, I am still reading about Joseph in fact. Did anyone else cry when Portiphar put him in jail for a crime he did not commit? But I digress...
I want to list character traits about Mr. Shoes, but I feel like I'll be talking writing too much. I want to put up a picture of him, but.... who am I kidding? I don't wanna put up a picture of him. What I want to do is get my butt into bed. No, no... Mr. Shoes isn't on the bed. But before I go to bed, here are a few more wishes for Mr. Shoes.
- I wish for him to be prosperous in everything he does. I wish for him to be very rich, so he can buy me all the suya I want.
- I wish for Mr. Shoes to have long life and prosperity.
- I wish for Mr. Shoes to never be far away from me.
- Last but not least, I wish for Mr. Shoes to be extremely addicted to me, the kind of addiction that can never and will never have a cure. Oh, the possibilities!!!
Mr. Shoes... I wish you the happiest birthday ever. I understand that this birthday is not exactly what you were hoping for, but you're alive and well, and that should count for a lot. So have a very happy birthday!
37 comments:
yayyyyyyy me. first again. Vera i deserve a special blog dedicated to me oh. Happy birthdayyyyyyyyyyyy, and i think its also the shortest you ve written, except this virus has hooked my laptop big time, but who cares i'm firstttttttttt. Bk to d topic of today, many happy returns, may God almight enlarge your coast and keep you and make you the star that you are oh(the prayers are for the celebrant)
Happy B'day to Mr. Shoes o. Many mre years to come. Vera a whole u, u no fit find the words?lol...love don hook u o!
That's cute. Happy birthday to your Mr.
Happy Birthday to Mr Shoes! Are you in love or what?! I listened to the program on saturday and had it downloaded. Its insightful
Can u guess ma 1st thought when i read this post ... I was like 'Awwwwwww, ain't it sweet? Mr. n' Mrs. Shoes share a birthdate i.e. 14th'. And now ma comment ... Happy happy Baiday, Monsieur Shoes. I wish you a long long looooooooooong life and prosperity ... and all d beta beta tins dem dey wish baiday pples.
Most importantly (and selfishly too *wink*), i wish you and Vera the continued grace to knock urselves out! Bon Anniversaire Monsieur.
Vera, it feels like I have been here for ages? Hmmm I know where to get hold of you o..lol
Nway Happy birthday Mr Shoes!! And this uhm and uhm ...is making me want to uhm..LOL!!
btw m loving the new lay out!!!
VEra, I join you in wishing Mr Shoes a very very very beautiful day.
May God grant you your heart desires and more
Can I call em...em...em...Mrs Shoes?
:-)
Awwww...happy birthday Mister shoes...
Errm very did you say you want him to be rich so he can buy you all the suya you want? ahem!!! How about that range rover you've been eyeing forever?:-)
My darling Mr. Shoes. I wish you a Happy Happy day.....
You have been the "Ghen-ghen" besides my frnds recent smily face....Thank you so much. You are one and a trillion and "We" are so in love with you.
It seems there isn't much to be thankful for, but my dear think... There's a Trillion and ten things to be Thankful for. Have an Awesome day.
Another theme?
Vera na wa oo...lol!
Happpy Burthday to MR.SHOES... and so glad to hear it started from an uhmn.. to an uhmn... na so o baby...lol
Hope you gave him the biggest gifts ever... You..yourself all over..lol
Make una enjoy ooo.
xoxoxo
love oh, love oh, love egbu mu eh! love oh, love oh, love egbu mu eh . . . .
ok, i no sabi sing pass dis one. LOL. But na waya. na so dis love catch u, Vera?!!!!!
eh, b4 i digress, happy birthday Mr Shoes. I wish u all dat Vera wishes u!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR SHOES.
MANY MORE YEARS...
Happy Birthday Mr Shoes!!!.. awww Vera! so happy for you!
Happy Birthday Mr Shoes aka Maggi boy!
Uche
V,
u like my lil. sis. once she has suya she fine!
Happy Bday Mr shoes....
So this is what love is like.
SOmeone's in love oh!!!!!!
:)
Amen o!
Happy birthday to mr. Shoes...
Happy Birthday to Mr. Shoes!
I'm sorry that this birthday will be painful, but I pray that God continues to add years to his life, and may you always feel this way about him, Vera.
AMEN Vera, that Mr Shoes will never be far away from you. It's weird that I was reading the whole Isaac and Jacob story (it's my personal journey to rediscovering the Bible) But yeah so I was nodding my head. I love the new layout unless it's not new and my neglect has made me "unaware". I'm happy about the talkshow. I always knew big things were coming. Happy Birthday Mr. Shoes!
x!
Happy Birthday to Mr Shoes!
Wishing you all the best!
Big Heart: Yes, indeed, it was the shortest post ever. That's because the post came up before I finished it. Oh, well. Had to edit it fast fast. LOL @ the prayers being for the celebrant. Now why did you need to point that out? Congrats on being first.
Undercover07: LOL. Na you know oh. Me, I have written all that I know to write. If you say it is love, then so be it. :-)
TayneMent: Thanks, babe. He'll hear.
Luscious Ron: My dear, you're the lawyer, so you tell me if it's love that is doing me. Tell me, please. Per the show... my dear, I found it insightful too oo.
Purple Streak: You're just something else 4 real. I'm tryna picture your face while you were typing this message. Amen to your prayers of knocking ourselves out - whatever that might mean. Seriously, what does that mean?
Shona: LOL! Babe, you're welcome to uhm and uhm all you wanna uhm. It's uhm... a free uhmming world!! :-) Love the new template, huh? Thanx, babe. Me too. Love this a lot more than the previous one.
Olufunke: LOL @ Mrs. Shoes. Una go soon mess up carry this name dey follow me. Oh, well. Wait oh... are you the one that called me this morning by the way? Someone called me while I was sleeping and now I don't recall the conversation (or the person I had it with sef).
No Limit: Ah, the ranger rover is definitely gonna come ooo! But right now, I want that suya BAD!!! Besides, one is free to interpret suya to mean many other things *wink, wink*
Funmie: LOL @ "ghen-ghen." You just had to go there, huh? Hehehe. Thanks a lot, babe.
Sassy Trends: LOL @ the uhm... hehe. I didn't know what words to use. Hehehehe. So "Uhm" would just have to suffice for now. So I'm the bestest gift abi? Nne, I'm glad you said that sef. At least, now I can save my money.
FFF: Stop this thing you're doing ooo! Ogini di? Nne, it's just my overall niceness that caused me to write this note oh... nothing else. If no be say I be nice chic ehnn.... hmm. :-)
My Stories, My Testimonies: Amen!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Ms. O: LOL. All this Aww you people are doing here, make una stop am ooo! You're making me shy.
Uche: Hahahahaha. Mr. Shoes is gonna get you for this. LOL!
Chayoma: LOL. Your lil sis might be my missing lil sis oh! LOL. Suya makes the world go round, so once there is suya, every other thing is secondary.
Rosie: **sigh** I don't even know how to respond to this your comment walahi. LOL
Fluffy Cute Thing: Bia... this post is not about love. This post is about Mr. Shoes' birthday. Oya return here right now and wish him a happy birthday b4 I vex finish.
Fabuola: Thank you!!! Appreciate it.
GNG: Thank you, darling. It's not gonna be the easiest birthday, but as long as God sits on the Throne, I know He will replenish. Thank you, GNG. You rawk!
Bob-IJ: Thank you, darling. The template is definitely new. Just put it up on Saturday. Per the talk show, well, what can I say? I just thank God. So you've been reading the bible too, huh? Good stuff! Love it. Best book ever written.
Joicee: Thanks, babe. He'll definitely hear.
First of all, I'm loving the template... Where I fit thief am?
Happy birthday to three special people: Mr. Shoes, LG and Standtall...
Anything else I say fit cause wahahla between...
Happy Birthday to your Mr. Hmm na wa o! odikwa very serious.
oh you just started reading your bible?
join us www.aroundtheword90.blogspot.com
and here here to suya, i had the one from the suya master when i was in y'all's hood.. hmmmm hmmm hmmm
Happy birthday to him and I wish you lot very many years together ooh. hint hint *ring* *ring* lol
Naughty Eyes: Abeg talk wetin you wan talk jare...! Abi you bi okuko?? I got the template from www.btemplates.com Check it out. They actually have tons of templates.
Reverence: I've had Suya Master's suya plenty times, but nothing beats the suya in Naija men. Goodness....!! I want some of that so badly. And yes, I just started reading my bible from scratch again. I started before, but I never finished and then I quit, so I just took up the habit again. Sooo interesting.
Nice Anon: LOL. I guess you're not into giving subtle hints ehn? Haha. Well, thank you for the well wishes, babe. God dey... :-)
awwww....... *sniff sniff*...... i wan love ooo...... Happy Birthday Mr. Shoes, nd pls accept my condolences regards ur mum...
Mr. Shoes has turned Vera's heart into mushiness...lol...I like. Very much! Happy birthday Mr. Shoes...she can't find the words...
ok, your last 3 or 4 posts i've come across has mentioned this Mr.Shoes. I take it he is someone 'special' hun? hehehehe
Mr Shoes must be beaming with lotta smiles if he's readin this ....and to think that a woman would sit and write so beautifully about him is commendable..Also join you in wishin dude a Happy Birthday and hope that Mr Shoes will come out someday soon and take responsibilty for this beautiful woman rockin the world of Blogvilles..LOL...
Best Wishes...
Kudos to Mr Shoes... I hope we get to see Mr Shoes someday soon LOL
This is why I need to ensure she is a blogger, so I too can get a birthday post on the internet!
hah..good news. now i know the invite to the wedding and to be a bridesmaid is on its way! happy bday mr shoes.
Happy Birthday Mr Shoes, may your shoe closet never run out of shoes :)
Hope you had an awsome day.. cherio.
Bewaji: Thanks, babe. LOL @ wanting to love. Na who hold your hand na? Besides, you already have me. What more do you want? Thanks 4 the condolences.
Jaycee: LOL. Funny chic. Turned whose heart into mushiness?? You're not serious ooo! This heart is not mushy! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Tigeress: What is the meaning of this word "special" that you have put in quotation on my post. I no come understand. Kilon mean? *wink, wink*
Trybes: Awwwww. Aren't you so sweet? Hehe. Thanks, darling. Well, I'm gonna copy and paste this your comment and make sure he reads it. Hehehehe.
Danny: Hahahahaha. Kolomental. So that's the only reason you wanna ensure she's a blogger? So you can get a post on the internet? Well, what about me? Who is gonna dedicate a post to me on my birthday?
Sweet Nothin: LOL! Well, you have to join the line oh and wait your turn. Currently, Bumight is @ the top of the line, so you should bribe her. Better yet, you could just bribe and I'll promote you to maid of honor. :-)
Life of a Stranger: LOL. I woulda preferred that prayer for me. May my shoe closet never run out of shoes. Oh, I love them sooo...!
Post a Comment